The Civics and Media Project is an initiative of Victoria University of Wellington, the University of Auckland, New Zealand On Air, the Royal Society of New Zealand, the McGuinness Institute and the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.
- The Institute for Governance and Policy Studies (IGPS) is a research institute of Victoria University’s School of Government, which fosters discussion, research and publication of current issues of domestic and foreign policy.
- The Faculty of Arts is the home of the humanities, social sciences, languages, and indigenous studies at the University of Auckland.
- NZ On Air is a government broadcast funding agency that invests in diverse local television, radio, music and digital media for New Zealand audiences.
- The Royal Society of New Zealand is an independent statutory organisation that promotes and advances science, technology and the humanities in New Zealand.
- The McGuinness Institute is a non-partisan think tank working towards a sustainable future, contributing strategic foresight through evidence-based research and policy analysis.
- The Ministry for Culture and Heritage advises on cultural matters, funds and monitors our national cultural and sports institutions and provides advice to ministers across the areas of arts, heritage, media and broadcasting. In doing so, the Ministry leads a vibrant and creative sector, which contributes to cultural wellbeing as well as generating educational, economic and social outcomes.
Workshop discussion papers do not themselves represent policy advice. The views, opinions, findings and recommendations expressed do not necessarily represent, and should not be reported as, those of the participating agencies.